Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Should you hold a ReviewerCredits discount code for article processing charges please note that it will be redeemable upon acceptance, when APC are due.
- All listed authors meet authorship criteria, have approved the manuscript and are in agreement to its submission.
- This submission is original: it has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted to another journal for consideration in a similar form, in any language or country, except as an abstract or preliminary report.
- Financial support and conflict of interest statements for all authors have been appropriately acknowledged in the "Acknowledgements" section of the manuscript file.
- For manuscripts reporting the results of experimental investigation on human subjects: full details of acceptance by the appropriate institutional committee or review board and a statement that the study was performed according to the Declaration of Helsinki has been included.
- For manuscripts reporting on a clinical trial: the trial's unique Registration number has been provided.
Authors contributing to AboutOpen agree to publish their articles under the CC Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 license, which allows third parties to copy and redistribute the material providing appropriate credit and a link to the license but does not allow to use the material for commercial purposes and to use the material if it has been remixed, transformed or built upon.